Employee absence is a significant cost for many companies, yet research suggests that only a third of employers monitor that cost. Employees need to take time off for various reasons, from short-term sickness to longer-term health issues.
By effectively using absence management you can seek to support the needs of employees while providing professional and structured guidance to avoid unauthorised absence or improper use of sick pay program.
This course takes an approach on how businesses can measure absence, what companies should include in their absence policies, and practical advice on how to manage short- and long-term absence. In addition, it also outlines the legal position when addressing unacceptable absence.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to demonstrate your understanding of Absence Management and analyse your systems to seek out behaviour or patterns of employees within your company.
By maintaining an efficient system, you will have the power to place authority with the event of absence and have the capabilities and legal legislation to assist you on your decision-making with employees not being present.
- Analysis of different reasons for absence
- Creating the right work environment
- Analysing unsatisfactory attendance
- Professional communication
- Intention versus Impact
- Conducting an effective return to work interview
- Overview of relevant legislation (e.g. Discrimination acts)
- . Managing persistent absences
- Trusted training solutions to suit all levels
- Fully accredited with reputable trainers
- Cost effective training
- Bespoke to your business requirements
- Free car parking
- Close to junction 21 and all motorway links
- On site hotel - Premier Inn
- Local amenities within 10 minutes drive