Abrasive Wheel Training
- Cost-effective bespoke training
- Trusted and experienced
- Fully accredited with reputable trainers
- Train online or at your premises
- Tailored 1-to-1 and group training options
- FREE training plan & support
This course will benefit you if you are to make contact with bonded abrasives (i.e. grinding wheels, cutting blades, cutting discs), or a manager who have employees that will come into contact.
This course will demonstrate and award you with an understanding of the requirements and responsibilities which are under the current PUWER regulations. Understanding and interpreting the marking system of abrasive wheels is crucial and you will be taught this in detail within this course. In addition to this, you will learn the various speeds within the wheel selection, safety with handling and visual checks and the health and safety of hazardous conditions.
This course is for 1 day and will last for four hours.
This is a specialised accredited programme which teaches you how to efficiently and effectively use, handle and store abrasive products within the workplace. With this training, you will also learn and be aware of the law requirements that is in place, including the legal requirements of employees, employers and the working environment itself.
With the addition of your training, you will receive a BAF certificate which will include your name and unique reference number. This will benefit you as you will have clear documentation of your achievement and it be entered onto the BAF National database.
- Understanding types, designs and specification
- How to inspect, test and store professionally
- Wheel checks and tests
- Mounting abrasives, includes a practical session ensuring understanding and demonstration of procedures and tool care
- Health and safety procedures within the working environment
- What is machine guarding and PPE?
- The safety mechanics of using and dressing abrasive wheels